Need-To-Know Information for New Families
We’ve compiled some links to key information that will help you find your way as you join the AFS community. This page will be updated over the spring and summer, so please check back periodically.
Important To Do’s:
- Start to complete the required medical forms for new students – Due by August 1
- Sign-up for Transportation
- Register for the Extended Day Program (Age 3 through Grade 4)
- Complete and submit a form for a Meal Plan with Dining Services (First Grade through Grade 12)
- Technology and required devices for students
- Upper School Online Book Store – Book Store Directions
- Summer Reading (Available after June 1)
Other Helpful Links:
- Important dates for the 2019-2020 school year
- AFS Portal Log-in Page
- Lower School web page
- Middle School web page
- Upper School web page
- The Current Parent web page (frequently used links, news and announcements)
- SMART Tuition FAQ’s
- Athletics Information
- Purchase new AFS Spirit Wear!
- AFS Campus Map
Notes about AFS Communications:
Our snow and emergency closing number is 360. Your profile information in the AFS portal will automatically sign you up to receive text alerts for snow closings, delayed openings and other such emergencies. Contact our IT Department with questions.
We send communications using the contact information that appears on your student’s application. If you do not begin to receive AFS emails after you enroll, please contact the Admission Office.
Our New Parent Welcoming Committee begins reaching out soon after a family enrolls. They are there to help families navigate the transition to a new school and can answer a variety of your questions.
If you have questions that are not covered here, please contact the Admission Office at 215-576-3950 or your School Division Office and we will find an answer for you:
Upper School: 215-576-3969
Middle School: 215-576-3953
Lower School: 215-576-3960
If you have a suggestion for a topic that should be covered here, email us and let us know.