Welcome New Families!
We are so excited to welcome our families for the 2022 – 2023 school year! Our community and culture are enhanced by meaningful events, experiences and opportunities that provide outstanding teaching and learning.
Lower School New Family Playdate – May 24, 2022 at 4 – 5 p.m.
All School New Family Orientation – August 2022
Back-to-School BBQ – Friday, September 9 2022
Forms and Services
We are in the process of updating this checklist, but you can view last year’s checklist for reference 2021 -2022 Health Form Checklist.
Transportation, Meal Plans and the Extended Day Program
- Transportation is provided through school district partnership, AFS vans and SEPTA for additional fees. Students come to AFS from more than 75 zip codes in neighborhoods around the greater Philadelphia area. The AFS Transportation Office is available to help you figure out the best way for your student to safely get to and from school.
- The Extended Day Program at Abington Friends School is a thoughtful after school care program with options for care and programming from 3 – 6 p.m.
- AFS partners with CulinArt to provide meal and dining services that are simple, healthy and student-friendly. Dining service and meal plan options will be updated soon.
- Technology and required devices for students
- Required Textbooks (Available by August 1)
- Summer Reading (Available after June 1)
Other Helpful Links
- List of Important Dates 2022 -2023
- AFS Portal Log-in Page
- Lower School web page
- Middle School web page
- Upper School web page
- Health & Safety at AFS
- The Current Parent web page (frequently used links, news and announcements)
- SMART Tuition FAQ’s
- Athletics Information (to be updated as we receive new athletic guidelines due to COVID-19)
- AFS Campus Map
We send communications using the contact information that appears on your student’s application. If you do not begin to receive AFS emails after you enroll, please contact the Admission Office.
Our snow and emergency closing number is 360. Your profile information in the AFS portal will automatically sign you up to receive text alerts for snow closings, delayed openings and other such emergencies. Contact our IT Department with questions.
Parent to Parent Welcoming Committee
Current AFS parents will be reaching out if they haven’t already. The New Parent Committee is run similar to a “buddy system” where you are provided a current family partner within the same grade your child is entering. Our families are happy to help new families navigate the transition to a new school and can answer a variety of your questions.
If you have questions that are not covered here, please contact the Admission Office at 215-576-3950 or your School Division Office and we will find an answer for you:
If you have a suggestion for a topic that should be covered here, email us and let us know.