Record: 4-3 (2019)
2020 Boys Cross-Country Season was Canceled due to Covid-19 Pandemic.
AFS Varsity Boys Cross-Country Most Recent Season (2019):
- Completed 2019 campaign with overall winning record at 4-3.
- Von Curry named All-League & Dexter Zapf an honorable mention selection.
- Von Curry a PAISAA state medalist.
- Huge win vs George School in dual meet.
- 4th place finish at FSL Championships tied best AFS finish in school history.
- 9 varsity boys returning for 2020 season.
- Robert Hewitt’s 1st season as AFS Head Running/Track Coach.
AFS Varsity Boys Cross-Country Previous Season (2018):
- Completed 2018 season with overall winning record at 5-3, increasing win total by four from previous season (one in 2017).
- At 4-3 also had winning record in Friends League competition.
- Finished 4th place in standings and was just one of four FSL schools with above .500 league record.
- Finished 9th out of 17 teams at prestigious Chesapeake High School Invitational (MD).
- Seniors Chase Balick & Jack Balick as well as Junior Rory Erlich named all-league honorable mention.
- Robert Hewitt takes over as Head Coach for 2019 season.
AFS Varsity Boys Cross-Country Program History:
- Individual runners started competing for AFS in Friends Schools League Cross-Country in 1982. First AFS team in 1997.
- Twenty-one top-20 runners at FSL Championship meets since 1997.
- Top-5 FSL Championship meet placements: Sami Aziz (3rd, 16:14, 2010), Anderson Lee (4th, 17:28, 2000), Nick Sperger (4th, 17:39, 2014), Dave Luber (4th, 18:08, 1998).
- Graduates (with AFS graduation year) have continued to compete collegiately at: William & Mary (’16, crew); Clark (’15, cross-country); NYU (’11, wrestling); Penn State (’10, club cross-country); Wesleyan (’10, track); Goucher (’09, cross-country), Vassar (’09, cross-country), Franklin & Marshall (’09, cross-country).
Latest AFS Varsity Boys Cross-Country News:
Roos split double dual in FSL competition