Whether off campus, on the computer or on campus we are delighted to welcome everyone to the reimagined AFS 2020-2021 school year.
- Lower School: On campus start, Monday, August 31 at 8 a.m. with both on-campus and remote learning.
Middle and Upper School: Off-campus start, Monday, August 31. (Zoom invitations to be sent to all students.)
- Middle and Upper School: Two weeks of remote learning from Tuesday, September 8 – Friday, September 18.
We have the following goals for the year:
- To fully live the spirit and mission of our diverse Friends school community in our profound respect for each other and strong mutual commitment to the well-being of all.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community through a deep sense of collective purpose both on campus and off to safeguard our own community and that of our larger region.
- To support and sustain a vibrant, ambitious learning community that sparks curiosity, engagement and healthy growth for all students.
- To wisely use the many resources of our community in spirit, in our beautiful campus and facilities, our financial resources and our extraordinary faculty and staff to ensure the strength and vitality of AFS this year and well into the future.
These goals have led us to create an AFS Affirmation of Collective Purpose. This is our campus commitment to protecting the health and safety of all Abington Friends School community members. The Affirmation outlines the practices all community members will be expected to uphold to keep themselves and others at AFS healthy and safe from the spread of COVID-19. Family and faculty/staff members are encouraged to review and affirm their commitment to these standards prior to the start of school. If community members cannot abide by the practices in this affirmation, they are encouraged to contact the school to discuss their limitations.
As the school year gets underway, we also want to share our Preparation and Information as AFS Reopens webpage.
We look forward to a productive, engaging and memorable year!