The Fund for AFS
Give a gift to Abington Friends School for the here and now.
The Fund for AFS honors our school’s commitment to cultivate creative, dynamic and fearless learning while staying true to our deep Quaker roots.
New this year, we are asking our AFS Community to support what they love most about AFS and select one of the following when they pledge their commitment to the Fund for AFS:
- Area of Greatest Need – a vital gift to AFS, an unrestricted gift enables your donation to go directly to the area of greatest and most immediate need while supporting every student at AFS pursue an educational experience that develops them into global citizens that will go on to lead lives of purpose
- Academic Innovation and Student Programs – your gift nurtures the growth in intellect, self-knowledge, leadership and clear values we see in our students while they are members of the AFS community. With programs ranging from Robotics to International Travel. From Makers Space to AFS Outside. From International Travel to MedEx and BizEx, students at AFS grow as communicators, thinkers, creators and analysts.
- Visual and Performing Arts – your gift will enable our students across all three divisions to find the joy of creative self-expression through our award winning theater programs, making music accessible to all and honing the ability to consider multiple viewpoints and strengthening the ways our students connect the visual arts to the broader world
- Campus Care – your gifts supports our 322 year old campus while updating and innovating how our students utilize our outdoor spaces from the creation of the Redbud Nature Playground and Headwaters Discovery Playground to the maintenance and partnership with the Jenkintown Creek Restoration Project to caring for the first accredited secondary school arboretum, Abington Friends Arboretum
- Athletics – your gift provides funding for items such as uniforms and equipment and supports our coaches in their efforts to teach essential life skills: good sportsmanship, teamwork, time management and leadership development
- Tuition Assistance – your gift helps our school thrive by attracting exceptional students and by engaging students who represent diverse cultures and life experiences
Your gift to the Fund for AFS has an immediate impact on our Community and will help us continue to be a campus that flourishes alongside the talents of our community members.
If you have any questions about the Annual Fund, please contact Amy Gordon, Director of Annual Giving.