Starting at a new school comes with a lot of questions!
We’ve compiled some links to key information that will help you find your way as you join the AFS community. This page will be updated over the spring and summer, so please check back periodically.
Important To Do’s:
- Complete the required medical forms for new students
- Sign-up for Transportation
- Register for the Extended Day Program (age 3 through 6th grade)
- Sign-up for a Meal Plan with Dining Services (First Grade through Grade 12)
- Technology and required devices for students
- Purchase Textbooks (Available after June 1)
- Summer Reading (Available after June 1)
Other Helpful Links:
- Lower School web page
- Middle School web page
- Upper School web page
- The Current Parent web page (frequently used links, news and announcements)
- School Calendar
- Athletics Information
- Purchase new AFS Spirit Wear!
- AFS Campus Map
Notes about AFS Communications:
Our snow and emergency closing number is 360. Register for K-12 alerts, our text and phone notification system for snow closings, delayed openings and other such information. You will receive an email in the late summer/early fall with registration information and instructions. Contact our IT Department with questions.
We send emails to the email address on your student’s application to keep you up to date! If you do not begin to receive emails from us soon after enrolling, please contact the Admission Office and make sure we have the correct email address on file.
Our New Parent Welcoming Committee begins reaching out to families soon after enrolling. They are there to help you navigate the transition to a new school and can answer many of your questions.
If you have questions that are not covered here, please contact the Admission Office at 215-576-3950 or your School Division Office and we will find an answer for you:
Upper School: 215-576-3969
Middle School: 215-576-3953
Lower School: 215-576-3960
If you have a suggestion for a topic that should be covered here, email us and let us know.