AFS Connects is a strategic outreach initiative that harnesses the power of YOU, our current and alumni parents. Connecting AFS to others doesn’t have to be a puzzle. Our hope is share the joy we experience in our community with a wider audience and increase the visibility and reputation of AFS. Thank you for connecting our school community with other strong communities.
This toolkit includes:
Quick links to share important information with prospective parents
Digital and printable copies of school publications
Helpful answers to frequently asked questions
AFS graphics to be used on social media
Share, Post, Repeat and Get Social
We love when you change your Open House lawn sign and date topper, but there’s more you can do!
Show your love for AFS by changing your social media profile images to be AFS centric! You can also share posts from the AFS Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts at anytime.
In addition to our biannual Oak Leaves magazine, we have printable booklets for prospective families that cover a variety of topics.
· Get a feel for the entire AFS community and culture in our Viewbook.
· Read a list of colleges where AFS graduates are studying in the College Guidance publication.
· Learn about the Lower School curriculum and scope and sequence from one grade level to the next, in the Lower School booklet.
· Find out which sports we offer and a typical athletics schedule in the Athletics publication.
· Get a list of arts course offerings and the awards and competitions in which AFS participates in the Arts and Technology booklet.
You can share these online versions or print from the linked publications.
AFS Fast Facts
•68-75 zipcodes and China – this is where our AFS students are coming from
•34 Friends Schools League Championships in Athletics
•1697 is the year that Abington Friends school originated
•100% of graduates attend a college or university of their choice
•50 acre campus with fields, a creek, a certified arboretum, award-winning outdoor play spaces and a Quaker Meeting House
•80 Cappie nominations recognizing excellence in scholastic theater
•20 sports offered at both Middle and Upper School level
The results are in and the AFS BizEx 2018 team is moving on to the Diamond Challenge pitch event. The Diamond Challenge was created through Horn Entrepreneurship, a cornerstone for entrepreneurial activity based at the University of Delaware. The students who will be making the pitch for the AFS team in the Diamond Challenge are Cole Lewis, Yolanda Du, Seth Pokrifka. Chris Liang and Josh Eisen were also on the 2018 BizEx team.